New Solar Technology
- New Solar Technology
Key Points of Our New Solar Technology
While the complete technical aspects of our new patent pending solar technology may seem complex… the “engineered science” and levels of automation integrated into the technology were very challenging.
For the purposes of a general understanding, we have presented the key points of this technology (with comparative points) in a simple bullet format for easier understanding as follows:
- The truth is in the simple numbers. Conventional cell technology currently produces a maximum of 4.9W in a 6 inch wafer (the average 4.2 – 4.4). Our technology produces a clean 7.5W in a 6 inch wafer.
- Standard 60 cell monocrystalline (6” wafer) modules available today output at watt peak about 240 – 260W. Our exact 60 cell monocrystalline module’s output is 420W at watt peak or 65.33% increase over average totalling 159 % additional output.
- Our cell technology design to reduce recombination during thermal stability has a fluctuation of less than 10% at watt peak of (420watts) =378 TRUE watts compared to the industry average of 40 – 50% failure at watt peak of (260 watts) =156 REAL watts... you can do the math... yearly output differential is extreme value added. Approx. per second by near 242% additional output watts.
- Standard 60 cell monocrystalline modules available today generate D/C power only. They cannot be efficiently configured with a micro inverter to output A/C power. Our 60 cell module due to much higher watt peak and much higher voltage ratings is configured with an efficient A/C micro inverter for each module. Most micro-inverter systems claim at best 95% and usually operate below 90% efficiency. Because of our engineered thermal stability our single micro-inverter will operate at 98 – 98.5% average efficiency constantly regardless of peak watt or ambient temperature.
- Due to the difficulties and installation costs of D/C power output, BIPV (“Building Integrated Photo Voltaic”) cannot be retrofitted to existing structures cost effectively. Our 420W module easily supports a micro inverter to generate A/C power. We can easily integrate into BIPV designs, new construction or retrofit construction, cost effectively.
Integrated micro-inverter technology is currently a cost added process to a module line. Our automation processes allow for the micro inverter to be integrated into the line set up. Our solution is much more cost effective for end product and set up installation. With the advantage of a much higher voltage cell, and high levels of automation, our cost per watt to manufacture with an integrated micro-inverter will provide a significant way above average profit margin.
In general, current monocrystalline modules have a price per watt of 55 – 65 cents and a cost per watt to manufacture of 45 – 48 cents, leaving a limited profit margin. Our much higher efficiency module can be manufactured very competitive to match market cost per watt depending on the size of the facility, providing realistic profit margins for any company manufacturing, retailers, resellers and installers. This system can be scaled up to 220MW yearly capacity.
Manufacturing of monocrystalline is usually divided between high capacity cell manufacture and then multiple low to medium capacity module manufacture facilities and thus the capital investment for a turnkey operation is very high. Our new patent pending developments in process automation designed with our high efficiency wafer technology allow integration of a small scale (12 – 24MW) full manufacturing facility (integrated cell and module), thus significantly reducing capital investment. Further, this facility includes process automation for integrated A/C inverter technology which is a very large reduction in capital investment.
Past achievements along with the numbers is our proof of performance. Our previous generation panels were roof top deployed along side competitors panels and were monitored for almost 2 years by a certified independent third party analyst. We achieved 23.4% efficiency delivering 415W with a standard panel array.
These are just some of the key points when reviewing the advantages that this new monocrystalline patented pending cell manufacturing process has over others in the solar market industry.
Polycrystalline Cell Information Available Upon Request.